Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Baby girl announcement

My friend announced her baby by giving each of her family members a Valentine's candy box with a onesie that said, "Uncle Dave" with a heart. I thought what a cute way to announce their baby. I thought this would be a fun way to announce our little bundle of joy to our families.

Once again my craft funds were out!

I had to think fast so I could have my creation done before we Skyped with family later that evening. (This was a few weeks ago).

I found some white onesies, some tulle I had used on a tutu (that I never sold, so I took it apart), and some fabric paint. The only one I could find was glitter.

I used my Silhouette, that my wonderful mother-in-law and father-in-law gave me for Christmas, to cut the letters out on Freezer paper.

30 minutes later with quick sewing and painting I had these two beauties done.

My family (In my hurry no "A's" were done right)

My husband's family


We are only having one girl, but we showed the onesie as our way to tell the gender of the baby.
We had fun telling them and then posting on FB that it is a girl.

I love fun frugal crafts like this!

2 comments:

  1. Super Cute! I love that you are using things around the house.

    ~Sarah
    http://simplyshaddock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this was my first comment!

    ReplyDelete